THE GHETTO GARAGE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE GHETTO GARAGE

Hot rods, Rat rods and Lowriders

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wheel bolt pattern differences

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadlytoys
Admin
Deadlytoys

wheel bolt pattern differences Empty
PostSubject: wheel bolt pattern differences   wheel bolt pattern differences Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 6:59 pm

Ratbus has 14'' 5 bolt small...5x112 ...the wheels on your van are 15'', wide 5...5x130 .You could fit my 5spoke empi's on your van but I would need adapters.I.m not sure what the actual porsche #s are but you need an adapter. Cheech's van , Butterball, has 14'' Porsche fuches running 60's for a real low stance and a lot of clearance...he has adapters.
Now with RATBUS the 5 x 112 pattern is also used with Mercedes and Audi. So I could actually get 16'' audi rims , which will take a rubber band tire, and get lower than my 14''with stock tires.Also don't forget to include the width of the adapters in your calculations.
Keep in mind these vans are dumped , especially Butterball...beam and spindles... so this advise is geared to being low and trying to deal with it.
There are all sorts of adapters available but they are not cheap. Check CIP's website it shows pics of all the different ones.
I.m sure Silas will have more to add...thats my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
VWinTHEblood

PostSubject: Re: wheel bolt pattern differences   wheel bolt pattern differences Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 2:46 am

awesome thanks. well that gives me more to think about. i think my bus would look crazy with some centerlines on the rear and something different upfront.i really like the 5 bolt pattern when its exposed so it would be cool to have that in the rear but centerlines are quite expensive.also thanks to Carlos for posting the pic of my van its looks rad do u have any more?
Back to top Go down
silas

silas

PostSubject: Re: wheel bolt pattern differences   wheel bolt pattern differences Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 9:15 am

VWinTHEblood wrote:
awesome thanks. well that gives me more to think about. i think my bus would look crazy with some centerlines on the rear and something different upfront.i really like the 5 bolt pattern when its exposed so it would be cool to have that in the rear but centerlines are quite expensive.also thanks to Carlos for posting the pic of my van its looks rad do u have any more?

hey stu, i posted some bolt pattern info in the original thread....

https://theghettogarage.forumotion.com/intros-f1/hey-my-name-is-stu-t6.htm?sid=e02bf805f005b7fcf5e71b346dc78443

a 1970 bus should have a 5x205mm (wide five) bolt pattern. carlos says it has a 5x130mm pattern (which is actually the porsche pattern). the best way to find your bolt pattern for your bus is to grab a tape measure and use the pic in the thread above as a reference and measure it out.

centerlines would look bitchin. when it comes down to it, they are cheaper than alot of other types of custom wheels....

https://theghettogarage.forumotion.com/intros-f1/hey-my-name-is-stu-t6.htm?sid=e02bf805f005b7fcf5e71b346dc78443

i've said it before & i'll say it again...it is my honest opinion that a set of wheels & tires can make or break a vehicle. the wheels are the 2nd thing that people notice when looking at your car (colour being first) and the right set of wheels on the right vehicle can make it pop!!! with that being said, everyone has their own idea of what looks good, and i can well & truly respect that....but if you're going to pick to run a certain type of wheel, run the same type on all 4 corners. again, just my opinion and no disrespect to you or anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Deadlytoys
Admin
Deadlytoys

PostSubject: Re: wheel bolt pattern differences   wheel bolt pattern differences Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 11:44 pm

uh...yeah...what he said Embarassed Smile
Back to top Go down
VWinTHEblood

PostSubject: Re: wheel bolt pattern differences   wheel bolt pattern differences Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 4:16 am

right on thats some good advice.take a look at this picture and tell me what you think about the wheels?centerlines in the back and im unsure of whats upfront, the bus looks great thought its one of my favorites http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/385759.jpg
Back to top Go down
silas

silas

PostSubject: Re: wheel bolt pattern differences   wheel bolt pattern differences Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 5:40 am

VWinTHEblood wrote:
right on thats some good advice.take a look at this picture and tell me what you think about the wheels?centerlines in the back and im unsure of whats upfront, the bus looks great thought its one of my favorites http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/385759.jpg

that bus is cool!! it looks like a full race bus to me (light weight wheels, phoenix front runners and what looks like slicks on the back.

however...i dont think those are centerlines on the back. i dont see the "bubbles" around the outer face of the wheel. they look to be some other kind of spun aluminum wheel....i'm thinking ercos or super rare dds wheels (both light weight & race spec wheels). i could be wrong tho.

the front wheels on that bus look like early porsche 356 wheels (wide 5 pattern).

the wheel mix looks cool but, imho, i still think that bus would look better with the spun aluminum wheels (the ones on the back) all around.
Back to top Go down
silas

silas

PostSubject: Re: wheel bolt pattern differences   wheel bolt pattern differences Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 5:19 am

hey stu...i just noticed i accidently posted the same link in one of my replies above when i was talking about the price of centerlines.

i meant to post this....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=486824

even tho the add is over 3 months old, they may be allready sold, and the seller is in hawaii....that would be the good set. $200obo is reasonable for a set of wheels too!!!

when you decide on what wheels you want to run, post a wanted add here and on the airspeed forum and on thesamba.com
Back to top Go down
silas

silas

PostSubject: Re: wheel bolt pattern differences   wheel bolt pattern differences Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 6:45 am

hey stu...if you're serious about the centerlines, here you go...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=526471
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wheel bolt pattern differences   wheel bolt pattern differences Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wheel bolt pattern differences
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE GHETTO GARAGE :: THE MAIN STUFF :: THE BACK ROOM-
Jump to: